Summa introduces L1810 laser cutting system for the sportswear market
Summa Press Release / For immediate release 14/03/2019
Summa nv, a leading supplier of high-end cutting plotters and finishing systems, introduces the L1810 laser cutter, bringing advanced laser cutting technology to benefit the sportswear, apparel, swimwear, dye sublimation garments and technical textile markets.
The new L1810, with its 1.8 m wide flatbed, is the first laser cutter introduced by Summa since the acquisition of CadCam Technology (CCT). This machine is part of the Summa L Series and equipped with proven laser technology, yet with enhanced features.
Wim Maes, Executive Director at Summa explains: “With our eyes focused on the textile market, this launch is an important step for Summa. A number of reasons convinced us that laser cutting is the best way to cut sportswear & apparel and we are ready to show the advantages, such as increased productivity, ease of use, cut accuracy and automated features, to the market. The development of this first Summa branded L1810 laser cutter is a powerful product to start with.”
The L1810 laser system is built to seamlessly meet the requirements for cutting textiles for sportswear.
- Processing sportswear involves sensitive and easily distorted textiles, the laser system uses contactless cutting, enabling users to process materials with high precision.
- Cutting quality that exceeds your expectations, thanks to the perfectly sealed edges.
- Enhanced productivity with the 1.8 m conveyor system for continuous production of roll materials.
- Any deformations are automatically recognized by the intelligent camera system and immediately compensated in the cutting vector.
- Ease of use & Automation thanks to the advanced optional Vision system, which quickly scans the material and automatically creates vectors for cutting, without the need of a cutting file.
- Material optimization reduces waste with the Vision technology because the laser system does not need markers, the cutting designs can be placed much closer to each other, ensuring maximum use of the material.
- Environment & Safety is a priority. Fumes are removed by the internal extraction system and cutting by laser produces no dust fibres ensuring a clean work environment. The L1810 cutting area is enclosed to meet the Class 1 standard, ensuring the laser cutting source is covered during operation and machine pauses if the cover is open.
The L1810 laser cutter is especially suitable to cut textiles, such as sportswear, dye sublimation garments but also all sorts of raw materials used in the composite industry. All of these substrates are part of the wide variety of materials, which can be cut on Summa’s advanced L1810 laser cutting system.
Moreover, by using the optional Vision system, the L1810 Vision is utmost suitable to be used in high-production environments, demanding fast processing of printed textiles in order to achieve more throughput in less time. Always with the same high-end finishing quality, Summa stands for.
Wim Maes points out, “With the dedication and expertise on board, Summa continues to excel as a supplier of high-performance cutting and finishing solutions, broadening its portfolio in a growing number of markets. The introduction of the L1810 laser cutter is an ideal stepping stone to also build a reputation of a trusted partner in the textile industry. The broad spectrum of Summa’s cutting solutions, offering exceptional cut quality, versatility and productivity will perfectly serve the textile industry, similar as it has been serving the sign & digital market to date.”
For more information on the L Series: visit www.summa.eu/laser-series
Every day, for more than 3 decades, Summa delivers the world's highest-quality vinyl and contour cutters, finishing flatbeds and laser cutters without compromise. Summa provides cutting edge solutions for the printing, signage, display, apparel and packaging industries. Summa’s global headquarters is located in Gistel, Belgium and can be reached by calling +32 59 00 27 11 or at www.summa.eu